Hello and welcome to Food for Bookworms!
Let me introduce myself…I’m a 20-something English graduate with a serious case of bibliophilia. I love reading and writing but since leaving university there’s been a distinct lack of literary discussions in my life. That’s why I started this literary-orientated blog. I want to share the reads I’m enjoying and I want to hear what you’re reading too!
Have a browse, tell me what you’re reading, give me your opinions and let me know what I should be reading next!
10 Facts About Me
- Favourite book? Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
- Favourite author(s)? Donna Tartt, Benjamin Wood, Dave Eggers, Wilkie Collins, the Brontës, Gustave Flaubert, Howard Jacobson, Oscar Wilde, Shakespeare
- Favourite Quote? “It is what you read when you don’t have to that determines what you will be when you can’t help it.” – Oscar Wilde
- Hogwarts house? Gryffindor
- Favourite Character? Margaret Hale from North and South
- Book I’ve always meant to read but still haven’t? Ulysses
- Hobbies? Reading (obviously), writing, piano, singing, musical theatre (watching)
- Favourite film? Back to the Future, Beauty and the Beast
- Favourite musical? The Phantom of the Opera
- Perfect holiday? Reading a book and drinking tea in front of a cosy fire in the woods!